If you are thinking of starting a smallholding, we might be able to help you make up your mind.
By spending a week or two with us you would get some idea of our lifestyle. This is a completely flexible idea. Though many of our activities are daily ones, eg feeding the poultry and collecting eggs, there are seasonal tasks, eg cutting and storing firewood.
Virginia and I expect to provide you with an interesting, informative and enjoyable “learning experience”. We are both experienced secondary teachers, though we are both retired now. We are offering a learning experience rather than a predetermined course, ie the daily routine will be arranged in discussion with you prior to your visit.
What is on offer?
- hands on experience with poultry, sheep and horses,
- experience of equipment,
- relaxed learning environment,
- comfortable accommodation,
- good food,
- fresh air,
- opportunities for sight seeing in Somerset and
- other possibilities which include amateur radio and pottery.
For further information, please email me —firstname.lastname@example.org